Sidney ‘Top’ Williams
He was a Houston High School Class of 1940 graduate. Although he moved away in 1941, he always held a special place in his heart for Houston and all of his relatives and friends, past and present.
On Dec. 9, 1941, 20-year-old Sidney joined the U.S. Navy and proudly served our country during World War II, Korean War and various other duty stations. He retired as a CPO-E7 in 1961 after 20 years of service. In 1983 he retired from the County of San Diego Road Department after 20 years of service.
He was preceded in death by his brother, John “Bub” Clifton Jr. and a sister, Hattie Aycock.
Family was everything to Sidney and they are what made him happiest.
He is survived by his beautiful and loving wife of 67 years, Grace Marie, and four kindhearted children; Sidney Scott Jr., John (Janice) Haughelstine, Bruce (Wendi) Haughelstine and Denise (Ron) Haughelstine. He was adored by 14 grandchildren and 21 great grandchildren. He is also survived by nieces and nephews in Mississippi, Texas and Georgia. His infectious, loving personality affected the lives of those that were blessed to know him.
A graveside service was held at Miramar National Cemetery, 5795 Nobel Drive, San Diego at 12:30 p.m., Monday Sept. 23, 2013.
Poway-Bernado Mortuary of Poway was in charge of arrangements.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago