Waterfowl draw hunt applications
The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) will begin accepting applications for waterfowl draw hunts on several Wildlife Management Areas (WMAs) on October 14. Applications must be submitted online at www.mdwfp.com/draws. WMAs offering waterfowl draw hunts are Charlie Capps, Howard Miller, Indianola, Mahannah, Muscadine Farms, Tuscumbia, and Trim Cane. Hunters can select the WMA of their choice and assign priority to the dates they wish to hunt.
There will be five separate draw periods available to hunters. Each draw period will allow applications for a specific set of hunt dates and will close at least two weeks prior to the first hunt date in that period. Applications may be submitted during the following dates:
1st Draw Period: October 14 – November 3 for hunts November 22 – December 1
2nd Draw Period: November 4 – November 17 for hunts December 4 – 15
3rd Draw Period: November 18 – December 1 for hunts December 16 – 29
4th Draw Period: December 2 – December 15 for hunts December 30 – January 12
5th Draw Period: December 16 – December 29 for hunts January 13 – 26
Hunters may apply for a hunt in each hunt period on as many WMAs as they wish. All waterfowl draw hunts will be for one day. Drawn applicants will be notified by email. All applicants must be 16 years of age or older and hold a valid Mississippi hunting license.
For more information regarding waterfowl in Mississippi, visit our website at www.mdwfp.com/waterfowl or call us at (601) 432-2199. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mdwfp or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MDWFPonline.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
aberdeen amory arrest Baptist Baseball basketball Bruce business Calhoun City Calhoun County chickasaw Chickasaw County chickasaw journal Christmas city County crime East Webster Economic Development education Eupora featured fire floyd football houlka Houston ICC ingram Jones Mantee Mississippi Money Moore MSU Okolona police Pontotoc school schools Smith Tupelo Vardaman west point Woodland
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago