Max Brasher Sr.
He was a WWII U.S. Army veteran who served as a Corporal–Company D Clerk. He graduated from Bruce High School and attended Holmes Jr. College. He was a member of First Baptist Church, where he was a member of L.H. Johnson Sunday School Class. He was a lifetime member of Bruce V.F.W., an avid hunter and fisherman and loved to work in his garden. He was the head of his family, and he loved his children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Services will be 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 5, at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel with Dr. Daniel Hathorne officiating and Bro. Bobby Long assisting. Burial will be in Bruce Cemetery Parker Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife of 61 years, Jerry Lee Logan Brasher of Bruce; two daughters, Peggy Jane Brasher Turner of Birmingham, Ala. and Joy Leanne Brasher of Bruce; one son, Max Owen “Mackie” Brasher Jr. (Deborah) of Bruce; two sisters, Jane Lambert of Coldwater and Kathryn Collins of Norco, Calif.; grandchildren John Owen Turner, Leah Brooke “Sam” Holmes, Max Owen “Mac” Brasher III., Emily Allyson (Jim) McGraw, Kelly Brooke (Jason) White, Robert Steven Hall, Owen Prestage Brasher and Seth Logan Brasher; and great-great-grandchildren, Jacey Elizabeth Logan Jenkins, Taylor Brooke White, Lillian Sheffield McGraw, Samuel Lucas Holmes, Preston Samuel White and Sawyer Brasher Holmes
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Pallbearers are Max Owen “Mac” Brasher III., Owen Prestage Brasher, Seth Logan Brasher, Robert Steven Hall, Samuel Ray Holmes, James Robinson “Jim” McGraw, John Owen Turner and Jason Paul White.
Honorary pallbearers are Dean Box, Roy Box, Jello Chrestman, Columbia Gulf Employees and Retirees, Fred Hawkins, Michael Herrod, Travis Malone, Hank Ramage and Danny Turner.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to First Baptist Church Building Fund, P.O. Box 535, Bruce, MS 38915
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka streamlines police accounting May 18, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago