Wolves stay perfect at 6-0
The East Webster Wolverines wrapped up the non-division portion of the schedule without a blemish on their record.
The Wolverines picked up a 33-20 win over J.Z. George to keep their record perfect, but coach Doug Wilson said it wasn’t quite as easy as it looked in the box scores.
“J.Z. was a very good team,” Wilson said.
The Wolverines led 20-0 at halftime and added another touchdown in the beginning of the third to extend their lead, but George jumped back in the game to threaten the Wolves’ unbeaten record.
“The momentum changed quick with two quick scores from J.Z,” Wilson said.
The Wolverines kept their heads in the game and went back to work.
“We were able to score again in the fourth and that finally put it out of reach,” Wilson said.
The Wolverines came up with the win, but have bigger fish to fry from here on out. They will break division Friday night in Okolona and round out the division schedule with Calhoun City, Bruce and Eupora.
For Wilson and the Wolverines, it’s one Friday night at a time.
“We know we have our work cut out for us,” Wilson said. “Okolona is loaded with great athletes and well coached.”
The Chieftains, 3-2, are coming in off a 24-6 win over Shannon and hosting Homecoming during halftime Friday night.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago