The Power of Pink
This newspaper brought you a special edition this week with stories and photos on this issue. The Chickasaw Journal will publish two pages of breast cancer news and information every Wednesday this month in an effort to highlight a disease that will be diagnosed in 207,090 women for the first time this year.
We will tell women how to check for this disease. We will tell people where to go for help and how to find answers to questions they have.
Will also tell the stories of the women and families who have suffered from this disease and of the organizations who are working hard to raise money to find a cure for breast cancer.
This newspaper hopes something we write will save a life. We hope something we print will let people know there are others in our community living with breast cancer.
We hope we can give people hope as they battle this disease.
There is much left to do.
The mortality rate for White women diagnosed with this disease has decreased during the past 20 years. But the mortality rate for Black and Hispanic women has gone up.
The cause of breast cancer remains elusive. There is no single cure and probably never will be.
But all the research and data does show that catching this type of cancer early and treating it aggressively is critical to survival.
The Chickasaw Journal is glad to bring you the stories and information needed to catch and beat this disease. We are glad to champion those who are fighting this disease.
The role of any newspaper is to provide its readers with the facts and information they need to live better lives. The Chickasaw Journal hopes we can accomplish that in some small way this month.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- PROM NIGHT 2016! April 24, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago