Lady Toppers claim division title
he Houston Lady Hilltoppers started the week just one win away from claiming the division championship.
And Monday night they wrapped it up with a 10-1 romp over New Albany.
Madeline Burdine upped her record on the hill to 6-4 with the win while Quanesia Pratt and Lexi Doss both doubled in the effort.
The Lady Toppers still have a few games on the schedule, but are currently 3-0 in 2-4A with only one more division game to go. The Lady Toppers will wrap the division schedule hosting Shannon Oct. 10 although the outcome cannot affect their division title.
In Monday’s game, the Lady Toppers posted a run in each of the first and second innings, but a big five-run third inning really broke things loose and set them up to cruise to the 10-1 win.
New Albany’s lone run was plated in the sixth inning.
“I’m really proud of the team,” said coach Jeffery Mann. “Division champions in my first season (as head coach) is a good start. I hope to continue our momentum into post-season play.”
Tying up some loose ends
The Houston girls will get some extra practice time the next two weeks as they participate in the East Webster tournament Saturday, going up against South Pontotoc and Eupora.
The Lady Toppers will host Shannon in their final division game Oct. 10, which will be the annual Senior Night recognition.
They will also host the North/South Shootout Oct. 12 with Houston, Moreville, Neshoba Central and Newton County participating in tournament action.
North Half tournament begins Oct. 15 and the Lady Toppers are expected to face either Corinth or Itawamba.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago