FOOTBALL: Highschool Roundup
Alston Dill scored three touchdowns and quarterback Dustin Carrell passed for one in the rain Friday to lead Mantachie to a 52-0 road victory against Alcorn Central.
The Mustangs (4-1) took an early 6-0 lead on Dill’s 13-yard run. Clay Johnson added a 6-yard TD run to give Mantachie a 14-0 halftime lead.
Carrell then gave them a 22-0 lead with his 20-yard scoring toss to Johnson. Dill gave the Mustangs a 36-0 lead through three quarters with his 4 and 44-yard runs.
Fullback Logan Pettigo added a 67-yard run in the fourth quarter and Johnson returned a muffed Alcorn Central punt attempt 42 yards to paydirt for Mantachie, which hosts Nettleton next week.
NETTLETON 6, KOSSUTH 0: Dakota Cruber, one of the state’s leading passers, hooked up with wide receiver Levert Jernigan for a 10-yard touchdown pass to give Nettleton its winning edge in the fourth quarter.
Cruber, a senior, has thrown 11 TD passes this season and is second in the state in total offense.
The Tigers (3-2) return to action next week with a road game at Mantachie.
WALNUT 22, SOUTH PONTOTOC 14: Running back Armani Linton scored on a 1-yard run and a 3-yard run in the second half to lead Walnut (4-1).
Preston Leak scored in the first quarter on an 84-yard run for the Wildcats.
Wesley Ross had a 28-yard TD run and Josh Estes scored on a 5-yard run for South Pontotoc (3-2).
HATLEY 14, BENTON COUNTY 0: The Tigers (2-3) scored two touchdowns in the first half.
Houston Woodman caught a 5-yard TD pass from John Taylor to give Hatley a 6-0 lead in the first quarter. Chance Lindsey added a 57-yard scoring run in the second quarter. Jordan Metcalf had a 2-point conversion run for the Tigers.
EAST WEBSTER 25, CALEDONIA 13: The Wolverines (5-0), ranked the No. 1 Class 2A/1A Northeast Mississippi team by the Daily Journal, were powered by Jackson Wilson and Deangelo Liggins.
Wilson scored on runs of 1 and 3 yards while Liggins scored on runs of 1 and 15 yards.
MARSHALL ACA. 49, WEST MEMPHIS (Ark.) 13: Quarterback Dakota Dailey scored three rushing touchdowns, one on a 78-yard sprint in the third quarter to lead the Patriots (4-1).
Dailey also threw TD passes for 49 yards to A.J. Boyd and 52 yards to Colt Lindsey. Devin McGregor scored Marshall’s first two TDs on first-quarter runs of 11 and 12 yards.
HOULKA 59, VARDAMAN 13: James Buggs scored six touchdowns – four rushing and two on kickoff returns – to lead Wildcats (2-3).
MUS 26, SOUTH PANOLA 9: Memphis University School defeated Mississippi’s No. 1-ranked team, South Panola, sending the Tigers to 4-1 on the season.
GRENADA 41, RIDGELAND 6: The Chargers will visit Tupelo Oct. 4 for a Division 1-6A game
OAK HILL 26, NEWTON CO. 20: Oak Hill (3-2) traveled to Decatur for its win.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Group digruntled by principal change April 22, 2016
- HLES names 3rd nine week honor roll April 26, 2016
- Pellet gun prompts Middle School lockdown April 26, 2016
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- FAFSA Fridays April 27, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago