HOUSTON – Jesse Voyles, 82, died Thursday, Sept. 19, 2013, at his home. He was born Oct. 31, 1930, in Calhoun County to Parker Luther Voyles and Stacey Virgie Mitchell Voyles.
He was an Army veteran of the Korean War. He was a member of the VFW and a Baptist. He was a man who always went around with a smile on his face. He loved telling jokes and loved blowing his crazy horn.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 22, at Memorial Funeral Home with Bro. Frank Samples, Bro. Randy Rinehart, Bro. Arnold Amason, Bro. Bobby Brock and Bro. Patrick Black officiating. Burial will be at Monte Vista Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
He is survived by his wife, Bernice Louise Crowley Voyles of Houston; two daughters, Nancy Voyles (Pancho) and Wanda Johnston (Greg), both of Houston; four sons, Billy Voyles (Anita), Charles Voyles, David Voyles (Tracy) and Tracy Voyles (Karen), all of Houston; his grandchildren, Chastity Mincy, Jeremy, Corey, Tyler Voyles, Jacob Cervantes, Jason Voyles, Brandi Holloway, Cody Voyles, Samantha Underwood, Melissa Roberts, Jonathon Betts, Paul Betts, Brandon Voyles, Chase Voyles, Jasmine Voyles, Trae Voyles, Christopher Voyles and Josh Voyles; two special granddaughters whom he raised, Stephanie and Crystal Garcia; great-grandchildren, Lucas and Lauren Mincy, Trent Sanders, Kyler Morris, Cayson Pierce, Cainen Pierce, Jaylee Betts, Arrinton Voyles, Dante, Nikki, Devin, Dustin Martin, Hannah and Kennedy Voyles, Hayden Holloway, Ryan and Emily Voyles, Abby Cook, Kareleigh and Rylan Voyles; one sister, Edna Parker of Houston; and a host of nieces and nephews.
He is preceded in death by two sons, Tommy and William Dale Voyles; his parents, Parker and Stacey Voyles; two brothers, Olen Voyles and Otha Voyles; one sister, Annie Beth Voyles; and one great-granddaughter, Makynli Voyles.
Pallbearers will be his grandsons.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday at Memorial Funeral Home in Houston.
Donations may be made to Sanctuary Hospice House, 5159 W. Main St., Tupelo, MS 38801.
For online condolences visit www.memorialfuneralhomehouston.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago