J.E. Hardin Sr.
TUPELO – James Ellis “J.E” Hardin Sr. died Thursday , Sept. 19, 2013, at his home in the Richmond community. He was born May 1, 1943, in Houston to James Ottis “J.O.” and Pauline Melinda Coyle Hardin.
He was retired from Mueller Copper Fittings. He was a Vietnam veteran, serving in the U.S. Navy. He was an avid crappie fisherman.
Memorial services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 21, at the Bethel Baptist Church in Dorsey with Keith Carpenter officiating. McNeece-Morris Funeral Home in Fulton is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Lois Kelley Hardin of the Richmond community; two sons, Jay Hardin (Melissa) and Trampis Hardin Sr. ( Alisha); the mother of his children, Lynn Sullivan, all of Houston; three stepdaughters, Renee Webb of Richmond, Denise Phillips (Jerome) of Fulton and Tammy Jones (Jeff) of Baton Rouge, La.; one brother, Jimmie Coyle Hardin of Arlington, Texas; one sister, Lynette Armstrong of West Point; 12 grandchildren, Jordan, Katelyn, Justin, Megan and T.J. Hardin, Ayana Pettit, Matthew Webb, Jennifer Conley (Jeff), Kayley Phillips, Jessica, Allen and Kelley Jones; and two great-grandchildren, Lily and Seth Conley.
He was preceded in death by a son-in-law, Ed Webb; and his parents.
Visitation will be from 1 p.m. until service time Saturday at the church.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Concord Cemetery in Houston.
Online condolences and a guestbook may be accessed at mcneecemorrisfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago