Eagles win big over Calvary
After suffering a shut-out to Sharky-Issaquena Sept. 6, Hebron passed along the favor to Calvary Christan in Meridian, dealing the Cougars a 46-0 loss on the road Sept. 14.
The win evened the Eagles’ record to 2-2 on the season and gave the team a shot of confidence.
“We were worried about their quarterback,” said Coach David Foster. “He’s an elusive runner and has good speed.”
Foster’s worries didn’t come into play as the Eagles held the Cougars QB to less than 50 yards rushing while racking up 376 ground yards of their own.
“Our kids really stepped up and coralled him,” Foster said. “It was an overall good effort. They’ve got some big guys on their team but we stepped up and played well.”
Hebron posted two scores in the first quarter with Justin Gordon taking the ball in from 27- and 16-yards out. Channing Tapley ran in a conversion to put the Eagles up 16-0.
In the second quarter, Landon Hill came in from 14-yards out for a TD with Tapely hitting Hayden Carty for the conversion and a 22-0 Hebron lead at the half.
Collin Moore broke the plane on a 15-yard run in the third and Trey Chism ran in from 12-yards out. Moore got the conversion run and the Eagles led 38-0 going into the fourth.
Gordon came across the goal line once more in the fourth, this time from four-yards out and Tapely got the conversion run for the 46-0 win.
Foster had opportunities to work several younger and newer players into the mix with good results.
“A lot of kids got in and we didn’t have any let down,” Foster said. “No drop in quality. We planned to run the football and we did.”
The Eagles are off this week and will head to Marks to take on Delta Academy Sept. 27.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- PROM NIGHT 2016! April 24, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago