No new taxes for county
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors will not increase taxes for citizens in the upcoming year, although residents in the Chickasaw County School District will see a slight increase in school taxes.
The Chickasaw County School District (Houlka schools) has requested an increase of one mil (about $8-9,000 total) for debt consolidation services. The request is under the 3 mil cap for potential increases and may not be increased further. The increase affects only taxpayers in the Chickasaw County School District.
“The county does not anticipate any increase, just the increase of one mil for the shcool request,” said Chancery Clerk Wanda Sweeney.
The county budget for 2014 stands at $18,374,669, which includes the 3.2 million budget for Chickasaw County Regional Correctional Facility. However, revenues generated by the CCRCF for housing inmates and paid through the Department of Corrections, are held in escrow and reimbursed annually. The CCRCF has paid all expenses of the facility in reimbursements since its inception.
In other matters:
n The board accepted and approved an incident management system report from EMA Director Linda Griffin to present to MEMA. The 38-page report details how each emergency department works together in the event of emergencies calling for multiple units of response.
“We do this anyway,” Griffin said. “We ust need a printed copy for our records and compliance for grants.”
n Supervisors voted to renew the maintenance agreeement for the E911 system
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago