Mary Bell Teasley
TUPELO – Mary Bell Teasley, 95, died Friday, Sept. 13, 2013, at the Mitchell Center of United Methodist Senior Services, where she had resided for the last few years. She was born on Oct. 16, l917, in Martin, Tenn., to Romie Hayden Jones and Ada Hendrix Jones
She lived in West Point for well over 50 years before moving to Tupelo to be near her son and his family. A homemaker, she was a longtime active member of the First Baptist Church of West Point. She served the church as secretary and bookkeeper for over 15 years. Her husband, William Thomas Teasley, preceded her in death on June 21, 1998. She was a beloved daughter, mother, grandmother and sister.
There will be no local service. Graveside services will be at 3 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 15, at Greenwood Cemetery in West Point with Bro. Dickey Bryan officiating. Visitation will follow the graveside service at First Baptist Church in West Point. Holland Funeral Directors, Tupelo Chapel, is entrusted with the arrangements. Condolences may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
She is survived by her two sons, Thomas Hayden Teasley (Cheryl) of Southaven and James Richard “Rich” Teasley (Sylvia) of Tupelo; four grandchildren, Shannon Teasley Petty (Rob) of Albuquerque, N.M., Laura Teasley Johnson (Chris) of Senatobia, Breanna Rockstad Kincaid (Christopher) of Silver Point, Tenn., and Trevor Rockstad of Gulfport; four great-grandchildren, Kyler Petty, Jessica Petty, Meredith Johnson and Hayden Johnson.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband and sister, Sue Sullivan.
Memorials may be made to Sanctuary Hospice House, P.O. Box 2177, Tupelo, MS 38803.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago