Harrel E. Hill Jr.
WEST POINT – Harrel Edward Hill Jr., 58, passed away on Thursday, Sept. 12, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle in Columbus. He was born March 1, 1955, in Woodland to Louise Hamby Hill and Harrel Edward Hill Sr.
He served as a minister of music for 38 years. He was a member of First Baptist Church and First Christian Church.
Services will be at 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 14, at First Christian Church with Chaplain Al Carden officiating and the Rev. Larry Ferguson assisting. Calvert Funeral Home of West Point is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his mother, Louise Hamby Hill of West Point; three sisters, Susie and Eric McNair of Pearl, Amy and Keith Elliott of Brandon, and Joy and Willie Edwards of West Point; one brother, Mark and Holli Hill of West Point; and aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins.
He was preceded in death by his grandparents, Pete and Mattie Lou Griffin Hamby, and Harlard and Bonnie Franklin Hill.
Honorary pallbearers will be members of First Christian Church.
Memorials may be made to American Heart Association, P. O. Box 16808, Jackson, MS 39236; or to Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi, 800 Avery Blvd., Suite 100, Ridgeland, MS 39157-5225; or to the West Point/Clay County Animal Shelter, 1212 Tibbee Road, West Point, MS 39773.
Friends may leave an online condolence at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago