Lady Toppers heading into divison
Most local softball teams are reaching the midpoint of the regular season and heading into division play seeking wins and longer playing time in playoffs.
The Lady Toppers of Houston picked up a win over Houlka Sept. 5, but didn’t fare as well in the Caledonia tournament over the weekend, losing to New Hope in one of Saturday’s games.
Although Madeline Burdine, Alexis McShan and Shonda Maxwell all posted multiple hits and the Lady Toppers knocked in nine runs, the Lady Confederates took the 12-9 win.
Madeline Burdine was the pitcher of record for the Lady Toppers.
Coach Jeffrey Mann wants his team to take their losses in the non-division schedule as a learning experience as they move into district play.
“We have a lot of tough games under our belt and hope that will help us come division time,” Mann said.
The Houston girls were scheduled to travel to Calhoun City Tuesday and on to East Webster Thursday. After a weekend break, they will open division play Sept. 16 hosting new Albany and head to Shannon Sept. 17.
EDITOR’S NOTE: The photo shown with this story and many other photos can be purchased by clicking “BUY PHOTOS” at the top of this webpage.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Houlka streamlines police accounting May 18, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago