Flywheel Festival seeks vendors
HOUSTON – Record crowds at the spring Houston Flywheel Festival have event organizers hoping for a strong second act this fall.
The spring show saw over 4,000 people pack Joe Brigance Park for two days of food, fun and entertainment and the call has gone out this week seeking vendors for the fall show.
“We have mailed out flyers to everyone who was at the spring Flywheel Festival,” said David Brand, vendor coordinator for the Houston Flywheel Festival. “I am also sure we have people who came and maybe want a booth this fall. We just ask you contact us as soon as possible and reserve a space.”
The 32nd Annual Mississippi Valley Flywheel Association Fall Flywheel Festival will be Sept. 27-28 and offers everything from a 5K run and arts and crafts to a tractor pull and hominy cooking. And it’s all free and open to the public.
Vendors can get a 12-by-12 booth for $30 per day. Booths needing electrical hookups are an extra $5 per day for 110-volt and $10 for 220-volt.
Vendors need to contact Brand at 662-769-0867 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“We had a lot of churches, civic clubs, schools and sports boosters at the spring festival and they did well,” said Brand. “We are glad to give people the same location year after year, but we do allocate space on a first-come, first-serve basis.”
Brand said vendors can show up for both days or just come Saturday.
The weekend starts Friday with tractors, food vendors and arts and crafts booth open for business and viewing. The first Anvil Shoot – where festival organizers blow a 75-pound anvil into the air with gunpowder – is at 11 a.m.
Live entertainment starts at 5 p.m., and the Houston Basketball Booster Club fundraiser supper wraps up about 6 p.m.
Saturday dawns with the opening ceremony at 8 a.m., and the Pink Ribbon 5K run gets started immediately afterwards. The Parade of Power through downtown Houston is at 9 a.m.
The tractor pull starts at 12:30 p.m.
And in addition to all this there will be a working grist mill, hominy cooking, cracklin’ cooking, lard rendering, lye soap making and other Ole Timer demonstrations.
There will also be a skillet toss for the ladies and a piston toss for the guys. Prizes will be offered for the longest throw in each event.
For more information about the 32nd Annual Mississippi Valley Flywheel Fall Festival contact the Chickasaw Development Foundation at 456-2321.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago