CALHOUN CITY – Alvin Ray Gulledge, 84, died Friday, Sept. 6, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services. He was born July 7, 1929, in Big Creek to Walter Gulledge and Ora Lee Cantrell Gulledge.
He was a retired presser for Kellwood Co. and a member of Mt. Tabor Baptist Church. He served in the U.S. Air Force.
Services will be 3 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 8, at Pryor Funeral Home Chapel in Calhoun City with the Rev. Jimmy Vance officiating. Burial will be in Pinecrest Memorial Gardens in Calhoun City. Pryor Funeral Home of Calhoun City is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include one son, Stanley Ray (Diane) Gulledge of Calhoun City; two brothers, James Gulledge of Water Valley and Bobby Gulledge of Calhoun City; three grandchildren, Kevin Mitchell and Kyle Ray Gulledge and Nora; and a very special friend, Carlene Goodson.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Lula Belle Butler Gulledge; his parents, Walter and Ora Lee Gulledge; two sisters, Jessie Mae Reedy and Louise Ritchie; and one brother, George Arnold Gulledge.
Pallbearers are Brian Allen, Bill Butler, Mark Callahan, Matt Callahan, Chuck Terry and Taylor Terry.
Honorary pallbearers are Lenon White and R.B. Stewart.
Visitation will be from 1:30 to 3 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home. Online condolences can be left at Pryorfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- Rain doesn’t stop Relay May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers top Corinth May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers dominate Commodores May 6, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago