GULF SHORES, Ala. — Bob F. White, 82, of Gulf Shores, Ala., passed away Tuesday, Sept. 03, 2013.
He graduated Evergreen High School and attended Southwest Junior College in Mississippi and Troy State.
He was a U.S. Army veteran serving in Korea. He later completed his education at The University of Alabama with a degree in Geology.
He worked for both Boeing and Douglas Aircraft and was an active member of the Apollo/Soyuz Mission. He later worked with the State of Alabama Oil and Gas Board as a field petroleum geologist and was a licensed stock broker and real estate broker.
He enjoyed hunting, fishing and equestrian shows. He was a member of the First Presbyterian Church in Gulf Shores.
Bob is survived by his wife Barbara Jean Ellard White of Gulf Shores; a son, Garth Austin White of Fairhope, Ala.; a daughter, Melissa Fay Price of Daphne, Ala.; a brother, Tom White of Evergreen, Ala.; a sister, Judy McLellan of Brewton, Ala.; six grandchildren; and two great grandchildren
Mr. White will have a military graveside service at the Alabama State Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Spanish Fort, Ala. on Monday, Sept. 09, at 1 p.m. He will also have a memorial service Monday at 3 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church of Gulf Shores.
Memorials can be made to First Presbyterian Church Gulf Shores, or Springhill Hospice of Mobile, Ala.
Cason Funeral Service of Foley is in charge of arrangements.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Houston Solar Car honored by Legislature May 29, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
aberdeen amory arrest Baptist Baseball basketball Bruce business Calhoun City Calhoun County chickasaw Chickasaw County chickasaw journal Christmas city County crime East Webster Economic Development education Eupora featured fire floyd football houlka Houston ICC ingram Jones Mantee Mississippi Money Moore MSU Okolona police Pontotoc school schools Smith Tupelo Vardaman west point Woodland
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago