Region’s roads safe over Labor Day holiday period
NEW ALBANY – The Mississippi Highway Patrol investigated five fatal car crashes over the Labor Day holiday weekend, the same number as in 2012 and none of them in Northeast Mississippi.
No traffic fatalities were reported on Mississippi highways by Troop G and Troop F, which covers the region.
In Troop F, which includes Benton, Tippah, Alcorn, Prentiss, Tishomingo, Union, Pontotoc, Lee and Itawamba counties, 12 crashes were investigated, including one related to alcohol.
Troopers in Troop F wrote 635 citations – 18 for DUI, five were drug-related and 59 for seat belt or childrestraint violations.
Troopers in Troop G, which includes Calhoun, Chickasaw, Monroe, Webster, Oktibbeha, Lowndes, Choctaw, Winston and Noxubee counties, wrote 689 citations.
Statewide, 163 DUI and 13 drug arrests were made on Mississippi highways and a total of 5,995 citations were written.
Troopers also investigated 135 crashes, five of which were alcohol-related, that led to 51 injuries and five fatalities.
The Labor Day enforcement period began Friday at 6 p.m. and ended midnight on Labor Day.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- Moore signs with Miss. Delta CC May 30, 2016
- Houlka presents summer programs May 30, 2016
- CARA CHISOLM: There is a reason for Memorial Day May 29, 2016
- Houston Solar Car honored by Legislature May 29, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago