HOUSTON – Hazel Jeanette Brock Harmon, 81, died Sunday, Sept. 1, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice Unit in Tupelo. She was born Oct. 18, 1931, to Jack and Ruby Brock of Van Vleet.
She was a mother, a homemaker and a Methodist. She owned and operated Harmon Hall House for 15 years.
Services will be at 1 p.m. today, Sept. 4, at Memorial Funeral Home with Bro. Steve Griffin officiating. Burial will be at Macedonia Church Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by her children, Diana Linley (Johnny) of Houston, Lynda Smith (Roger) of Ridgeland, Gerald Harmon (Pam) of Houston, Marie Elliott of Tupelo, Kathy Overstreet (Joe) of Germantown, Tenn., Judy Hare (Curtis) of Houston, Michael Harmon (Paula) of Houston, Danny Harmon (Nikki) of Houston, Dennis Harmon (Melanie) of Brandon and Mark Harmon (Dottie) of Houston; two sisters, Clytee Hester of Houston and Jackie Hughes of Tupelo; one brother, Danny Brock of Van Vleet; 12 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 55 years, William Lynn Harmon; one daughter, Hazel Denise Harmon; her parents, Jack and Ruby Brock; one sister, Joyce Myatt; and one brother, Bill Brock.
Pallbearers will be her sons.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Memorial Funeral Home.
Donations may be made to NMMC Hospice Unit.
For online condolences, visit www.memorialfuneralhomehouston.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Houston man arrested for fraud. May 21, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago