Deer management technical guidance
Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) Deer Program biologists provide countless hours of technical guidance to landowners, lease holders, and hunters across the Magnolia State annually.
This technical guidance is primarily provided through the Deer Management Assistance Program (DMAP). In 2012, MDWFP Deer Program biologists conducted over 200 technical guidance site visits.
Harvest data collected by deer hunters enrolled in DMAP is the primary tool that the MDWFP uses to monitor the state’s deer herd. Annually, over 500 DMAP cooperators provide deer harvest data to the MDWFP.
Hundreds of thousands of deer are part of the statewide DMAP database. Since 1986, in excess of 20,000 deer have been available annually for analysis. In general, DMAP participation across Mississippi is well distributed except for the Southeast Region.
The MDWFP encourages landowners and lease holders to contact the regional MDWFP Deer Program biologist in the Southeast Region to learn more about participation in DMAP.
For more information regarding DMAP or deer hunting opportunities in Mississippi, go to www.mdwfp.com/deer or call 601-432-2199.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Houlka streamlines police accounting May 18, 2016
- Toppers commit four errors in loss May 22, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago