Hamilton is Chickasaw Journal student intern
HOUSTON – The staff of the Chickasaw Journal is pleased to welcome Parashay Hamilton on board for the 2013-14 school term.
Hamilton is a senior at Houston High School and joins the Chickasaw Journal as the newspaper’s student intern.
“We are happy to have Parashay working with us this year,” said General Manager Lisa Bryant.
The Chickasaw Journal has partnered with the Houston School District, employing a student intern since the fall of 2007 and has also welcomed and published submissions from students in the readership area.
“Each of our students has unique talents and a fresh perspective on the events and happenings in our county and surrounding areas,” Bryant said. “We look forward to watching Parashay’s talents take shape and are happy to have the opportunity to nurture and utilize those talents in the local newspaper and our community.”
Hamilton, 17, is a member of the HHS Beta Club, Anchor Club and student council. She enjoys singing, dancing, shopping and texting and attends Bethlehem M.B. Church in Houston.
“I’m looking forward to the experience of working with different people,” Hamilton said.
She said she is considering pursuing Journalism in college, but is still undecided on a major. However, she is leaning toward Starkville as her next stop after graduation.
“I’d like to go to MSU,” Hamilton said. “My mom went there. It’s kind of a family thing.”
Hamilton is a student in the Career Pathway Experience class at the Houston School of Science and Technology. The course, under the direction of Donna Griffin, places students in part-time employment positions with local businesses after they have completed a preparatory course.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago