The Lady Wildcats got off to a good start defensively against Calhoun City Aug. 22, but couldn’t sustain the momentum.
Junior Jesse Moore picked off a runner at first, Temp Webb snagged a fly in centerfield and Somaiya Moore made the throw from the mound to Jesse Moore on first to shut down the Calhoun City girls in the first inning, but the Houlka team couldn’t get the bats to heat up in the bottom of the frame.
In the top of the second, a Houlka error helped load the bases, but Somiaya Moore got the throw to Savanna Day at home for the third out to get out of the jam.
The Houlka girls opsted two runs in the third and one in the fourth, but the City ladies were just getting started. The Calhoun City girls racked up five runs each in the fourth and fifth for a 10-3 win.
“We made errors on routine balls that Calhoun City capitalized on,” said coach Vicki Homan. “Routine plays have to be made in order to stay in the game.”
The Lady Wildcats will round out the week at home hosting Blue Mountain Friday.
Lady Cats fall to City
About Lisa Voyles
- DAR honors Marsh with history award March 2, 2014
- EDITORIAL: School Consolidation March 6, 2014
- Claude Johnson March 6, 2014
- Lady Eagles wrap in Overall March 6, 2014
- Dale Weeks March 6, 2014
- Big Bass! March 8, 2014
- Spring forward! March 8, 2014
- WINTER JAM: Christian music festival sells out at BancorpSouth Arena March 7, 2014
- Reading is learning March 7, 2014
- All runs come to an end March 7, 2014
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- WEDDING: Earnest/Morgan | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] E.J. Earnest […]...
- 60th ANNIVERSARY: Rad & Betty Clark | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Ralph Coggins […]...
aberdeen amory Army Baptist Baseball basketball Bruce business Calhoun City Calhoun County chickasaw Chickasaw County Christmas city County Court crime Eupora featured fire floyd football Franklin High School houlka Houston ingram Mantee Mississippi Moore Obits Okolona Pittsboro police Pontotoc Prairie school schools scores Smith Tupelo Vardaman Voyles west point Woodland
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 9 months ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 9 months ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 9 months ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 9 months ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 9 months ago