The Lady Wildcats got off to a good start defensively against Calhoun City Aug. 22, but couldn’t sustain the momentum.
Junior Jesse Moore picked off a runner at first, Temp Webb snagged a fly in centerfield and Somaiya Moore made the throw from the mound to Jesse Moore on first to shut down the Calhoun City girls in the first inning, but the Houlka team couldn’t get the bats to heat up in the bottom of the frame.
In the top of the second, a Houlka error helped load the bases, but Somiaya Moore got the throw to Savanna Day at home for the third out to get out of the jam.
The Houlka girls opsted two runs in the third and one in the fourth, but the City ladies were just getting started. The Calhoun City girls racked up five runs each in the fourth and fifth for a 10-3 win.
“We made errors on routine balls that Calhoun City capitalized on,” said coach Vicki Homan. “Routine plays have to be made in order to stay in the game.”
The Lady Wildcats will round out the week at home hosting Blue Mountain Friday.
Lady Cats fall to City
About Lisa Voyles
- Fewer snowflakes this Christmas November 17, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- Listening to those who served November 21, 2014
- Helping Hands of Houlka November 21, 2014
- Hunting is part of my heritage November 21, 2014
- Houston ready for tipoff and tournament November 23, 2014
- A golfer’s tale November 23, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it November 23, 2014
- Brand, Wright honored by ICC November 22, 2014
- Mississippi jobless rate at 7.6 percent in October November 22, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
aberdeen amory Army arrest Baptist basketball Bruce business Calhoun City Calhoun County chickasaw Chickasaw County city County Court crime education Eupora featured fire floyd football Franklin houlka Houston ingram Jones Mantee Mississippi Money Moore MSU Okolona Parker police Pontotoc Prairie school schools scores Smith Tupelo Vardaman west point Woodland
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 1 year ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 1 year ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 1 year ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 1 year ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 1 year ago