The Lady Wildcats got off to a good start defensively against Calhoun City Aug. 22, but couldn’t sustain the momentum.
Junior Jesse Moore picked off a runner at first, Temp Webb snagged a fly in centerfield and Somaiya Moore made the throw from the mound to Jesse Moore on first to shut down the Calhoun City girls in the first inning, but the Houlka team couldn’t get the bats to heat up in the bottom of the frame.
In the top of the second, a Houlka error helped load the bases, but Somiaya Moore got the throw to Savanna Day at home for the third out to get out of the jam.
The Houlka girls opsted two runs in the third and one in the fourth, but the City ladies were just getting started. The Calhoun City girls racked up five runs each in the fourth and fifth for a 10-3 win.
“We made errors on routine balls that Calhoun City capitalized on,” said coach Vicki Homan. “Routine plays have to be made in order to stay in the game.”
The Lady Wildcats will round out the week at home hosting Blue Mountain Friday.
Lady Cats fall to City
About Lisa Voyles
- WEDDING: Booth/Schlicht July 26, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- County will keep inmates for free July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
aberdeen amory Army arrest Baptist Baseball basketball Bruce business Calhoun City Calhoun County chickasaw Chickasaw County Christmas city County Court crime education Eupora featured fire floyd football houlka Houston ICC ingram Jones Mantee Mississippi Money Moore MSU Okolona police Pontotoc Prairie school schools Smith Tupelo Vardaman west point Woodland
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 2 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 2 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 2 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 2 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 2 years ago