The Lady Wildcats got off to a good start defensively against Calhoun City Aug. 22, but couldn’t sustain the momentum.
Junior Jesse Moore picked off a runner at first, Temp Webb snagged a fly in centerfield and Somaiya Moore made the throw from the mound to Jesse Moore on first to shut down the Calhoun City girls in the first inning, but the Houlka team couldn’t get the bats to heat up in the bottom of the frame.
In the top of the second, a Houlka error helped load the bases, but Somiaya Moore got the throw to Savanna Day at home for the third out to get out of the jam.
The Houlka girls opsted two runs in the third and one in the fourth, but the City ladies were just getting started. The Calhoun City girls racked up five runs each in the fourth and fifth for a 10-3 win.
“We made errors on routine balls that Calhoun City capitalized on,” said coach Vicki Homan. “Routine plays have to be made in order to stay in the game.”
The Lady Wildcats will round out the week at home hosting Blue Mountain Friday.
Lady Cats fall to City
About Lisa Voyles
- Futral hired as Houston City Clerk October 21, 2014
- Pearson to be honored by state October 22, 2014
- October 23, 2014
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Sticks and stones . . . October 24, 2014
- STEVE COKER: The Wisdom of Potatoes October 25, 2014
- Life Chain hosts annual event October 25, 2014
- Field day planned for forages, beef October 24, 2014
- Crash ruptures gas line, blocks traffic on Hwy. 8 October 24, 2014
- Hebron downs Central Academy, 38-6 October 24, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
aberdeen amory Army arrest Baptist Baseball basketball Bruce business Calhoun City Calhoun County chickasaw Chickasaw County Christmas city County Court crime education Eupora featured fire floyd football Franklin houlka Houston ingram Jones Mantee Mississippi Money Moore Okolona Parker police Pontotoc Prairie school schools Smith Tupelo Vardaman west point Woodland
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 1 year ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 1 year ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 1 year ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 1 year ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 1 year ago