The Lady Wildcats got off to a good start defensively against Calhoun City Aug. 22, but couldn’t sustain the momentum.
Junior Jesse Moore picked off a runner at first, Temp Webb snagged a fly in centerfield and Somaiya Moore made the throw from the mound to Jesse Moore on first to shut down the Calhoun City girls in the first inning, but the Houlka team couldn’t get the bats to heat up in the bottom of the frame.
In the top of the second, a Houlka error helped load the bases, but Somiaya Moore got the throw to Savanna Day at home for the third out to get out of the jam.
The Houlka girls opsted two runs in the third and one in the fourth, but the City ladies were just getting started. The Calhoun City girls racked up five runs each in the fourth and fifth for a 10-3 win.
“We made errors on routine balls that Calhoun City capitalized on,” said coach Vicki Homan. “Routine plays have to be made in order to stay in the game.”
The Lady Wildcats will round out the week at home hosting Blue Mountain Friday.
Lady Cats fall to City
About Lisa Voyles
- Listening to those who served November 21, 2014
- Bells will be ringing November 25, 2014
- Houlka ready for another run this season November 25, 2014
- CHICKASAW COUNTY: Luther wins Circuit Judge, Pettit wins Houston trustee November 25, 2014
- Mississippi producing big bucks November 25, 2014
- Houlka powers past North Pontotoc November 27, 2014
- Houston nips Wildcats November 27, 2014
- Shop local November 27, 2014
- A reason to be thankful November 27, 2014
- Davis Lake bridge bids opened November 27, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
aberdeen amory Army arrest Baptist basketball Bruce business Calhoun City Calhoun County chickasaw Chickasaw County Christmas city County Court crime education Eupora featured fire floyd football Franklin houlka Houston ingram Jones Mantee Mississippi Money Moore MSU Okolona Parker police Pontotoc Prairie school schools Smith Tupelo Vardaman west point Woodland
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 1 year ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 1 year ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 1 year ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 1 year ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 1 year ago