Private dove land permits available
The Private Land Dove Field Program is a popular program in which Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) biologists work with private landowners to prepare dove fields and manage public access on private lands for hunting.
For the 2013-14 hunting season, MDWFP private land dove fields will be located in Copiah, Jones, Kemper, Pearl River, Prentiss, Rankin and Tate counties. These fields were planted in a variety of crops favored by doves, including sunflowers, millet, and corn.
Permits allow hunters to hunt three days per week (Monday, Wednesday and Saturday) during the first two dove seasons. These permits provide an excellent opportunity to introduce youth to hunting, as each permit allows up to two youth to hunt with an adult hunter at no additional cost.
To ensure safety and hunt quality, only a limited number of permits are available for each field.
“It is the goal of the MDWFP to provide a safe, quality hunt for Mississippi’s dove hunters,” said Scott Baker, MDWFP Dove Field Program Leader. “Since these hunts are administered by MDWFP, hunters can rest assured that fields have been prepared properly.”
Specific information on each field including maps, size of the field, type of crop planted, number of available permits and cost may be found at www.mdwfp.com/dove.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Okolona celebrates graduation May 20, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago