Era Mae Williams
EUPORA – Era Mae Williams, 85, went home to be with her Lord and Savior on Thursday, Aug. 22, 2013. She was born on Aug. 25, 1927, to Green Lee and Becky Russell. She delighted in singing gospel songs to her family and in her church.
She was a member of Harmony Freewill Baptist Church where she served as the children’s Sunday school teacher for 18 years. She loved sewing shirts for her family and working in her flowers. Her favorite pastime was decorating her home with her massive rooster collection and family pictures.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 25, at Harmony Freewill Baptist Church in Eupora with the Rev. Billy Michael Trull officiating. Burial will follow in the Montevista Cemetery in Webster County. Oliver Funeral Home of Eupora is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by three daughters, Anne Easter (Jimmy) of Cedar Bluff, Ella Hood (Billy) of Calhoun City and Johnnie Abbott (James( of Walthall; three sons, Tom Williams of Maben, Burl Williams (Dorothy) of Russellville, Ark., and Leon Williams (Mary) of Houston; 11 grandchildren, Colisa Johnson of Jackson, Angie Cooper (Shannon) of Oxford, Laura Williams of Houston, Texas, Jeff Fulgham (Kim) of Cedar Bluff, Michelle Bramlitt (Darrell) of Bruce, B.J. Hood of Clarksdale, Nathan Hood (Jena) of Jackson, John David Wise of Waveland, Phillip, Jonathan, and Justin Williams of Houston; and 11 great-grandchildren, Cris Keenum, Micah Johnston and Alana Smith, all of Jackson, Morgan and Cayse Cooper of Oxford, Abby Fulgham, Andrew Elkins, Skyler and Bailey Ray, all of Cedar Bluff, and Layla and Jillian Bramlitt of Bruce; and two sisters, Jennie Lee Carrier of Forrest City, Ark., and Dorothy Huffman (Jimmy) of Eupora.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband of 43 years, Johnny B. Williams; a granddaughter, Becky Williams; sisters, Bealuh Russell, Polly Barnum and Goldie Knight; and one brother, Leon Russell.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations can be made to Harmony Freewill Baptist Church Building Fund, 3735 Miss. Hwy. 9, Eupora, MS 39744.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston to craft no-smoking ordinance May 17, 2016
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- Toppers commit four errors in loss May 22, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago