NEW ALBANY – Georgia Sue Cox Chandler, 83, died Thursday, Aug. 22, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County in New Albany. She was born May 9, 1930, in Chickasaw County to George Columbus Cox and Vivian Richardson Cox.
She was retired from Action Industries in Tupelo, where she worked as an upholsterer.
She was a member of First Baptist Church of Okolona, where she volunteered in the nursery for more than 30 years.
She baked for the community and visited the Shearer-Richardson Nursing Home in Okolona for many years.
Services will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 24, at First Baptist Church of Okolona with the Rev. Roy McHenry officiating. Burial will be in the Flatwoods Cemetery in Mountain View, Ark. United Funeral Service in New Albany is in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by a daughter, Kay Chandler Bratton (Randy) of Rome, Ga.; two sons, Dewey Cox (Sandra) of West Point and Don Chandler (Katie) of New Albany; a sister, Elizabeth Cox Whitenton (Doug) of Tupelo; nine grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; and her husband, Hughie Everette Chandler.
Visitation will be from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Baptist Church of Okolona.
Memorials may be made to First Baptist Church of Okolona.
For online condolences, visit unitedfuneralservice.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- Rain doesn’t stop Relay May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers top Corinth May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers dominate Commodores May 6, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago