MANTEE – James Burns, 89, died Monday, Aug. 19, 2013, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. He was a member of Upper Prairie Creek Church, a farmer and a factory worker.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 24, at Upper Prairie Creek Church with the Rev. Henry Brownlee officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Williams Memorial of Okolona is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include three daughters, Annette Jamison (Wayne) of Mantee, Pearly Mae Brownlee (Cecil) of Houston and Barbara Wardlaw (Jimmy) of Starkville; four sons, James Willie Burns of Mantee, Jake Burns (Emma Lou) of Cedar Bluff, Charles Burns of Mantee and Robert Burns (Angela) of Pine Bluff; 27 grandchildren; three sisters, Dora Clark of Mantee, Shery Cousin of West Point and Ruthie Mae Cousin of Chicago; and one brother, John T. Burns of Chicago.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Lula Burns; two sons, Willie Silas Belk and Larry Burns; and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston to craft no-smoking ordinance May 17, 2016
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- Toppers commit four errors in loss May 22, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago