Fire destroys Van Vleet home
VAN VLEET – A Friday morning house fire totally destroyed a home in Van Vleet despite the efforts of five municipal and volunteer fire departments.
The Houston Fire Department was dispatched to home of Leslie McMullen, 1532 CR 164, at 7:05 a.m. and arrived on the scene after both the Van Vleet Volunteer Fire Department and Okolona Fire Department made it to the fire.
“Radio traffic that we received by Van Vleet firefighters said the structure was fully involved when they arrived,” said Capt. Johnathan Blankenship, of the Houston Fire Department. “We got on the scene at 7:28 a.m. and were primarily used to shuttle water.”
The brick home was just down the road from the Van Vleet fire station. Blankenship said units from Thorn and Southeast VFD also made it to the scene.
“As with any major loss fire the State Fire Marshal was called,” said Blankenship. “We had a good turnout of volunteers and of course the community was on the scene, too.”
Firefighters were on the scene until about 8:20 a.m. hosing down hot spots. The exact cause of the fire has not been determined.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Economic Fun April 21, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- ICC Phi Theta Kappa inductees named. April 25, 2016
- Houston makes softball playoffs April 25, 2016
- Three diamond Dawgs on MLB rosters April 25, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers crush Yazoo April 27, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago