Chiefs head to Ole Miss jamboree
The 2A Chiefs will face another 2A team, Potts Camp for a two-quarter scrimmage and the JV will follow playing a quarter.
“It’s really to get a good look and see where we are,” said coach Jack Clark. “We want to get something on film so we can see where we are.”
The Chiefs have made several trips to the Ole Miss jamboree and haven’t backed down from any of their opponents so far.
In 2011, they were matched with 6A Grenada and battled to a 6-6 draw. Last fall, they went head-to-head with 5A
Center Hill, allowing the Mustangs only a field goal and taking a 3-0 loss.
This year, they will take on the Mustangs who went 9-1 last season, but the Chiefs had success in 2012 as well, making the first round of playoffs.
Clark said in addition to getting a closer look at the team in action, the trip also allows the players to get familiar with a college campus and stadium.
“It can be a motivational tool,” Clark said. “Playing on that kind of stage.”
The Chiefs will hit the field at 6 p.m.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago