WEST POINT – Virginia Sue Wright Blansett, 72, passed away Saturday, Aug. 10, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. She was born Dec. 3, 1940, in Vardaman to Willie Bell McGregor Wright and Finley Wright.
She was a seamstress for Big Yank for 30 years and was a member of the Baptist faith. She attended West Point High School. She loved cooking and knitting and was the main caregiver of her parents. She had a kind and generous attitude and would give you anything she had even if she had to do without.
Services were 2 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 11, at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel with the Rev. Chuck Moffett officiating. Burial was in West Point Memorial Garden. Calvert Funeral Home of West Point is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include her biological daughter, Lisa Gail Wright Ramsey of Village, Ark.; two grandsons, Forest Nathaniel Pierce and Brannon Douglas Griffith of El Dorado, Ark.; nine nieces and nephews; 13 great-nieces and great-nephews; two brothers, Bobby Wright (Donna) of El Dorado, Ark. and Benny Wright (Carolyn) of Amory; and brother-in-law, John Gilreath of Aberdeen.
She was preceded in death by her sister, Mary Jo Gilreath; niece, Emily Wright Horne; great-niece, Faith Wright; and her husband, William Blansett
Pallbearers were Justin Wright, Ben Wright, Ryan Simmons, Finley Wright, Bobby Lee Wright, Earl Gilreath and Forest Pierce.
Honorary pallbearers are the staff of West Point Community Living Center.
Memorials may be made to The Gideons International, P.O. Box 661, West Point, MS 39773.
Friends may leave a condolence or memory message at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Houston man arrested for fraud. May 21, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Flat appropriations hurt schools May 28, 2016
- BIRTH: John Wyatt Parker May 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago