Mississippi’s waterfowl late seasons announced
The Commission on Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks approved dates for the 2013-2014 waterfowl hunting season at its July 17 meeting.
“Breeding populations were strong in 2013, which resulted in a liberal season framework of 60 days with a six-duck limit,” said James Callicutt, Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) Waterfowl Program Biologist.
Duck, merganser and coot seasons will be Nov. 22-24; Nov. 29 -Dec. 1; and Dec. 4, 2013-Jan. 26, 2014.
The daily bag limit will be a total of six ducks, including no more than four mallards (no more than two of which may be females), three wood ducks, two redheads, two scaup, two pintail, two canvasback, one mottled duck and one black duck.
The merganser daily bag limit will be a total of five mergansers, only two of which may be hooded mergansers. The possession limit is three times the daily bag limit for ducks, mergansers and coots.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago