Mississippi’s waterfowl late seasons announced
The Commission on Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks approved dates for the 2013-2014 waterfowl hunting season at its July 17 meeting.
“Breeding populations were strong in 2013, which resulted in a liberal season framework of 60 days with a six-duck limit,” said James Callicutt, Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) Waterfowl Program Biologist.
Duck, merganser and coot seasons will be Nov. 22-24; Nov. 29 -Dec. 1; and Dec. 4, 2013-Jan. 26, 2014.
The daily bag limit will be a total of six ducks, including no more than four mallards (no more than two of which may be females), three wood ducks, two redheads, two scaup, two pintail, two canvasback, one mottled duck and one black duck.
The merganser daily bag limit will be a total of five mergansers, only two of which may be hooded mergansers. The possession limit is three times the daily bag limit for ducks, mergansers and coots.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Okolona celebrates graduation May 20, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago