Mississippi’s early migratory game bird seasons
Early migratory game bird hunting seasons set during the July 17 meeting of the Commission on Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks meeting include resident Canada geese, early teal, snipe, woodcock, and rails.
This year, early seasons will be similar to recent years.
The early teal season is Sept. 14-29. The bag limit for September teal is six per day with no more than 18 in possession. The hunting season for resident Canada geese is Sept. 1-15. The daily bag limit is five Canada geese with a possession limit of 15. The hunting season for rails, moorhens, and gallinules is Sept. 14-Nov. 22.
Daily bag limit for clapper rails, king rails, moorhens, and gallinules is 15 singly or in aggregate and the possession limit is 45 singly or in aggregate. Daily bag limit for Virginia rails and sora rails is 25 singly or in aggregate and the possession limit is 75 singly or in aggregate.
The hunting season for snipe is Nov. 14, 2013-Feb. 28, 2014. Daily bag limit is eight snipe with a possession limit of 24 birds. Woodcock season is Dec. 18, 2013-Jan. 31, 2014. The daily bag limit is three woodcock with a possession limit of nine birds.
For more information regarding waterfowl in Mississippi, visit the website at www.mdwfp.com/waterfowl or call 601-432-2199.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago