VARDAMAN – Raymon Lee Murphree, 84, died Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013, at his daughter’s home. He was born Dec. 19, 1928, in Calhoun County. He was the retired owner of Salvage & Scrap Metal Recycling and a member of New Liberty Baptist Church.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3, 2013, at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Vardaman. Bro. Tim Cook and Bro. Sherman Adams will officiate. Burial will be in Taylor Cemetery in Vardaman. Parker Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include one daughter, Cathy Murphree O’Bannon (Mike) of Vardaman; one son, Tommy L. Murphree (Deborah) of Olive Branch; three sisters, Ruthell Reynolds of Memphis, Helen Shipman of Marshall, Texas, and Grace Dugard of
Vardaman; 10 grandchildren, Todd E. Murphree, John Raymon Murphree, Brian Scott Murphree, Cassie Murphree Free, Shane O’Bannon, Lane O’Bannon, Jonathan Murphree, Dana Sookrag, Tonya Daniel and Mandy Howe; 23 great-grandchildren; and one great-great-granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Jim Floyd Murphree and Johnie Tallent Murphree; his wife, Louise Betterton Murphree; a son, Raymon Lee Murphree Jr.; a sister, LaBerta Parker; and a grandson, Tracy Murphree.
Pallbearers will be Matt Free, Brian Murphree, Dustin Murphree, Eric Shane Murphree, John Murphree, Todd Murphree, Lane O’Bannon and Shane O’Bannon. Honorary pallbearers will be Jeff Allen, Terry Allen, Tony Allen, Don Dugard, Jim
Dugard, Steve Parker, Joe Reynolds, Chad Scott and Pete Weldon.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home.
For online guest register, visit www.parkermemorialfunerlahomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago