HOUSTON – Linda Louise Lancaster Gillespie, 70, died Tuesday, July 30, 2013, at Shelby Ridge Rehab in Alabaster, Ala. She was born Oct. 27, 1942, to Owen Wilson Lancaster and Ruth Alice Davidson Lancaster.
She was a retired beautician and owner of Linda’s Beauty Shop. She was a beautician for Leigh Ann Howell at Wave Lengths and a clerk at Pearson’s Drug Store. She was a member of Parkway Baptist Church.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 1, at Parkway Baptist Church with Dr. Randy Rinehart officiating. Burial will follow at Pleasant Ridge in Woodland. Houston Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include her mother, Ruth Lancaster of Houston; her daughter, Merry and Dr. Chad Carson of Helena, Ala.; her grandchildren, Faith Carson, Jack Carson and Ava Carson; her brother, Russell and Jo Carolyn Lancaster of Houston; her nieces, Cathy and Chuck Spencer, Carol Lancaster and Cindy Lancaster; and her great-nephews, Charles Wayne Spencer and Kyler Spencer.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Jack Gillespie, on Aug. 21, 1997; and her father.
Pallbearers are Mark Lancaster, Lewis Easter, Frank House, John William Lancaster, Jimmy Calvin Lancaster, John Fred Lancaster and Wilbur Lancaster. Honorary pallbearers are Thomas Rowlette, Steve Pearson and Floyd Pumphrey.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Houston Funeral Home.
Memorials may be made to Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church, c/o Phyllis Nelson, 570 CR 68, Woodland, MS 39776.
Friends and family may leave a message on the online register book at houstonfuneralhomems.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago