HOUSTON – Linda Louise Lancaster Gillespie, 70, died Tuesday, July 30, 2013, at Shelby Ridge Rehab in Alabaster, Ala. She was born Oct. 27, 1942, to Owen Wilson Lancaster and Ruth Alice Davidson Lancaster.
She was a retired beautician and owner of Linda’s Beauty Shop. She was a beautician for Leigh Ann Howell at Wave Lengths and a clerk at Pearson’s Drug Store. She was a member of Parkway Baptist Church.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 1, at Parkway Baptist Church with Dr. Randy Rinehart officiating. Burial will follow at Pleasant Ridge in Woodland. Houston Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include her mother, Ruth Lancaster of Houston; her daughter, Merry and Dr. Chad Carson of Helena, Ala.; her grandchildren, Faith Carson, Jack Carson and Ava Carson; her brother, Russell and Jo Carolyn Lancaster of Houston; her nieces, Cathy and Chuck Spencer, Carol Lancaster and Cindy Lancaster; and her great-nephews, Charles Wayne Spencer and Kyler Spencer.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Jack Gillespie, on Aug. 21, 1997; and her father.
Pallbearers are Mark Lancaster, Lewis Easter, Frank House, John William Lancaster, Jimmy Calvin Lancaster, John Fred Lancaster and Wilbur Lancaster. Honorary pallbearers are Thomas Rowlette, Steve Pearson and Floyd Pumphrey.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Houston Funeral Home.
Memorials may be made to Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church, c/o Phyllis Nelson, 570 CR 68, Woodland, MS 39776.
Friends and family may leave a message on the online register book at houstonfuneralhomems.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka streamlines police accounting May 18, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago