HOUSTON – Margaret Ann Baird Lacey, 76, died Saturday, July 27, 2013, at her home. She was born April 16, 1937, to Aubrey Lorette Baird and Ruth Boatman Baird in Turrell, Ark.
She was a member of First Baptist Church of Houston and a homemaker. She enjoyed sewing, crafts and quilting, and made Mississippi State quilts for her grandchildren.
Services will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday, July 30, at Southern Funeral Chapel in Houston. Bro. Randy Hays will officiate. Burial will be in Houston City Cemetery.
Survivors include her husband, Lin Lacey of Houston; two children, Sharon (Frank) White of West Point and Brian Lacey of Houston; five grandchildren, Steven (Angel) Peacock of Anniston, Ala., Tim (Samantha) White of West Point, Stephanie Peacock of West Point, Linnie Lacey of Houston, Jessica (Jonathan) Redmond of West Point; eight great-grandchildren, Madison, Morgan and Katie Peacock, Reed and Lacey White, Andrew and Mackenzie Redmond, and Brennan Lacey; six siblings, Sarah (Elkin) Heair of Houston, Helen Cooper of Memphis, Aubrey (Dorothy) Baird of Lakeland, Fla., Rachel (Dave) Richer of Bradenton, Fla., and Richard (Delphine) Baird of Fayetteville, Tenn., and Martha (Bob) Allen of Pearl River, La.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Aubrey Lorette Baird and Ruth Boatman Baird; two daughters, Linda Faye Lacey and Tommie Lacey Hughes; one grandson, Andrew Wiley Lacey; and one sister, Nell Reeves.
Pallbearers will be Steven Peacock, Tim White, Linnie Lacey, Jonathan Redmond, Kirby Smith and Johnny Reeves.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday.
Online condolences may be made at www.southernfuneralchapel.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago