Local girl seeks title of National American Miss
Montgomery will compete in the National American Miss pageant Aug. 30 in Jackson with hopes of advancing to the finals in California later this fall.
Montgomery is soliciting sponsors to help further her quest as all expenses must be paid by the contestant.
“There’s registration and a dress,” Montgomery said.
She will be also be responsible for the cost of her interview outfit, transportation and lodging.
This is Montgomery’s second time to participate in the event.
“In the first one, I didn’t make it to California, but I had fun,” Montgomery said.
In addition to competing in the pageant wear and interview categories, there are optional categories for talent, modeling or acting. Montgomery has decided to enter the acting category but has not yet decided on the role she will play.
“I’m still picking out my scene,” Montgomery said.
Winning in the Jackson pageant would qualify her to compete at the national pageant in California and includes a trip to Disneyland.
To sponsor Montgomery with a donation or for more information, go to www.namiss.com/about NAM. Donations are tax deductible for businesses. Business sponsors will be featured in the state program book.
The National American Miss pageant awards prizes in scholarship, monetary awards, crowns and trophies.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- Rain doesn’t stop Relay May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers top Corinth May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers dominate Commodores May 6, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago