BRUCE – William David Bray, 75, died Wednesday, July 24, 2013, at his home. He was born Aug. 30, 1937, in Pontotoc.
He served in the National Guard. He was a retired plant superintendent from Bruce Telephone Company with 35 years of service. He was an active member and deacon of Lighthouse Baptist Church.
Services will be at 11 a.m. today, July 26, at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce with Bro. Rob Pelkey, Bro. Phillip Logan and Bro. Earl Farley officiating. Burial will be in Calvary Cemetery at Bruce. Parker Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his wife, Shirley Logan Bray of Bruce; one daughter, Regina Griffin of Bruce; one son, Bro. Greg Bray (Michele) of Myrtle; three sisters, his twin sister, Sarah Baker of Bruce, Geneva Edwards of Holcomb and Genette Dubard of Senatobia; and three grandchildren, Andrew Griffin, Daniel Bray and Savannah Bray.
He was preceded in death by his parents, John Almond Bray and Ora Ester Henry Bray; an infant son; a daughter, Pamela Kay Bray; and two brothers, Lathon Bray and LaWayne Bray.
Pallbearers will be Keith Baker, Larry Edwards, Ronald Edwards, Adam Logan, Wayne Logan and Jay Prewett. Honorary pallbearers will be Andrew Griffin and Mark Logan.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until service time Friday.
For online condolences, visit www.parkermemorialfuneralhomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago