LOCAL FOCUS: M.J.’s
The latest urban fashions can be found on the Square in downtown Houston at a locally owned and operated store that has quietly built a name for offering style and class.
M.J.’s Express specializes in great quality with the best prices and is owned by Michael Jones and managed by Michael Evans of Houston.
“We’ve been in Houston since 2007 and I think we offer more than most people realize,” said Evans. “We try to stay on top of the latest styles and fashions.”
M.J.’s Express offers men’s and women’s, name-brand and designer clothing. They also have a wide variety of shoes, hats, purses, jewelry and sunglasses.
The store is known for its line of jerseys and t-shirts featuring local, state and national team colors and logos in a variety of sports. They carry NASCAR jackets, too.
“We are also the place to accessorize your current wardrobe,” said Evans. “If you want a little different look, we urge you to come look at our sunglasses, jewelry and purses.”
And they proudly offer lay-away.
M.J.’s Express also has a wide variety of beauty supplies, grooming aids and cosmetics.
One of the more unique features of M.J.’s Express is their music and electronics.
“Many of the fashions we stock are driven by the music and the artists who produce it,” said Evans. “We try to stay on the cutting edge of the latest tunes and most modern ways to enjoy it.”
M.J.’s Express offers studio fashions for local DJs, musicians and performers.
“It’s all about the customer at M.J.’s” said Evans. “If we don’t have it we can order it from our catalogs.
“We can usually get it to you in about two days,” he added. “We work very hard to treat the customer well and get them exactly what they want.”
M.J.’s Express is open every day except Sunday.
Local Focus is a regular business feature of the Chickasaw Journal. Locally owned businesses wanting to be included in Local Focus should call the Chickasaw Journal at 456-3771.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- Rain doesn’t stop Relay May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers top Corinth May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers dominate Commodores May 6, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago