Bound for the Big Apple
2013 is her first year to cheer for the varsity football squad and that opportunity brought her the chance to participate in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City, her first trip out of the southeastern area.
“I’ve never really been out of the South,” said the incoming senior at Houlka High School.
Moss and her fellow teammates attended Universal Cheer Association camp in Starkville this June where, as a senior, she is qualified to march in the annual parade in November.
Now the quest is on to find sponsors and raise funds to support the trip.
Moss and her family and friends are planning to hold a yard sale Aug. 2-3 at the intersection of Hwy. 32 and 15 at the flashing light in Old Houlka, across from the Houlka Food Shop. They are also having T-shirts designed that will be on sale soon for $15 each. A bake sale in being planned and individual or business sponsors are welcomed.
An account has been set up for funds at BancorpSouth in Houston in Saydee Moss and Christy Moss’ names for anyone who would like to make donations. The balance of payment to participate is due in mid-September so the group is working quickly to make Saydee’s dream a reality.
Moss will leave for New York Nov. 23 and return Nov. 29 after marching in the parade with other cheerleaders from UCA clinics nationwide. While in the Big Apple, she will have the opportunity to attend a Broadway show, tour the harbour and visit the Empire State Building.
“It’s a once in a lifetime thing,” Moss said.
For information on donations or how to help, contact Christy Moss at 662-322-2507 or message her on Facebook.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Balancing act May 5, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago