VERONA – Marjorie June Norris, 63, died Monday, July 15, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center, Hospice. She was born Jan. 22, 1950, in Tupelo.
She was a graduate of Tupelo High school and attended nursing school at Itawamba Community College. Her career as a registered nurse spanned for over 30 years beginning with the Mississippi Department of Corrections Hospital where she met her husband. She later worked at the North Mississippi Medical Center and the Trace Regional Medical Center in Houston. On Oct. 17, 1987, she married Jackie Delaine Norris, who preceded her in death Jan. 28, 2011. She loved spending time with her family, especially her grandchildren.
Graveside services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, July 18, at Unity Cemetery in Plantersville with the Rev. Jimmy Bryan officiating. W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors is entrusted with the services.
Survivors include two daughters, Peggy Roberson (Keith) of Okolona and Monica Camp (Timmy) of Shannon; one stepdaughter, Ashley Sullinger (Todd) of Clarksdale; seven grandchildren, Courtney Delaine Russell, Madison Fowler, Britnie and Anna Marie Camp, Haden Hodges, Michael Braiden Mills and Annsleigh Paige Sullinger; one stepsister, Maria Billini Cheremeta (Andrew) of Jacksonville, Fla.; two stepbrothers, Gregory Billini (Libby) and Phillip Billini (Rita), all of Jacksonville, Fla.; aunt, Joyce Herring; and one niece, Laura Jewell Corley.
She was preceded in death by her father, Robert Lavert Hill; her mother, Dale Stovall Billini Lawhon; stepfathers, Dr. Jose Billini and Holden Lawhon; one sister, Aletha Hill Corley; her nephew, Will Corley.
Pallbearers will be John Stewart Sr., Cody Stewart, Jammie Franklin and Cody McCord.
Visitation will be from 4 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to Faith Outreach Church Youth Fund, 272 North McDonnell St., Okolona, MS 38860.
Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Hilltoppers top Corinth May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers dominate Commodores May 6, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago