VERONA – Marjorie June Norris, 63, died Monday, July 15, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center, Hospice. She was born Jan. 22, 1950, in Tupelo.
She was a graduate of Tupelo High school and attended nursing school at Itawamba Community College. Her career as a registered nurse spanned for over 30 years beginning with the Mississippi Department of Corrections Hospital where she met her husband. She later worked at the North Mississippi Medical Center and the Trace Regional Medical Center in Houston. On Oct. 17, 1987, she married Jackie Delaine Norris, who preceded her in death Jan. 28, 2011. She loved spending time with her family, especially her grandchildren.
Graveside services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, July 18, at Unity Cemetery in Plantersville with the Rev. Jimmy Bryan officiating. W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors is entrusted with the services.
Survivors include two daughters, Peggy Roberson (Keith) of Okolona and Monica Camp (Timmy) of Shannon; one stepdaughter, Ashley Sullinger (Todd) of Clarksdale; seven grandchildren, Courtney Delaine Russell, Madison Fowler, Britnie and Anna Marie Camp, Haden Hodges, Michael Braiden Mills and Annsleigh Paige Sullinger; one stepsister, Maria Billini Cheremeta (Andrew) of Jacksonville, Fla.; two stepbrothers, Gregory Billini (Libby) and Phillip Billini (Rita), all of Jacksonville, Fla.; aunt, Joyce Herring; and one niece, Laura Jewell Corley.
She was preceded in death by her father, Robert Lavert Hill; her mother, Dale Stovall Billini Lawhon; stepfathers, Dr. Jose Billini and Holden Lawhon; one sister, Aletha Hill Corley; her nephew, Will Corley.
Pallbearers will be John Stewart Sr., Cody Stewart, Jammie Franklin and Cody McCord.
Visitation will be from 4 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to Faith Outreach Church Youth Fund, 272 North McDonnell St., Okolona, MS 38860.
Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston to craft no-smoking ordinance May 17, 2016
- HLES Performs Nursery Rhymes and Possibilities May 22, 2016
- Toppers commit four errors in loss May 22, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago