WEST POINT – William C. “Buddy” Huffman II, 38, passed away on Friday, July 12, 2013, at his home in West Point. He was born June 4, 1975, in Hayti, Mo., to Janice Morris Henley and William Curtis Huffman I. He was a salesman at Mitchell Automotive. He was a member of West End Baptist Church and had attended Evangel Church in Columbus.
Services will be at 3 p.m. Sunday, July 14, at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel in West Point with the Rev. Ron Delgado officiating. Burial will follow in Greenwood Cemetery in West Point. Calvert Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Paige Magers Huffman, and two sons, Curt Huffman and Manning Huffman, all of West Point; his mother Jan Henley (Sammy) of West Point; his father, William C. “Buddy” Huffman (Rena) of Greenville, S.C.; grandmother, Mae Morris of West Point; three sisters, Brandy Roberts (James) of Maben, Wendy Dengler (Jamie) of Selmer, Tenn., and Faith Henley of St. Louis, Mo.; one brother, Jody Henley of Dallas, Texas; nieces and nephews, Jon Austin, Ethan, Jessie, Samatha, Jacob, Jourdan-Haley, Russ and Dalton; father-in-law, Charles Magers (Hilda); brother-in-law, Bobby Magers (Bridget).
He was preceded in death by his brother, Zack Henley; his grandmother, Dorothy Huffman Walker; his mother-in-law, Donna Jordan Magers; and his grandfather-in-law, Billy Jordan.
Pallbearers will be Bubba Pee, Robin Morris, Rowland Morris, Joseph Pollard, Shasta Plunkett, Jody Guest, Scott Trull and Jacob Dengler. Honorary pallbearers will be Mike McGill and employees of Mitchell Automotive and Employees of Jordan Transfer.
Memorials may be made to West End Baptist Church, P.O. Box 388, West Point, MS 39773.
Visitation will be from 5 until 8 p.m. Sunday at Calvert Funeral Home.
Friends may leave online condolences at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago