Hinton honored as Franciscan Jubilarian
HOUSTON – More than 200 sisters gathered in Our Lady of Angels Chapel in Aston, Pennsylvania, to share in the jubilee celebration for the 23 members of theSisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia .
Houston's Sister Patricia Hinton was one of those honored Sunday, June 9 and celebrating 50, 70, and 75 years of religious profession. Golden jubilarian Sister Patricia Hinton, OSF, is celebrating 50 years of religious profession. Currently Sister Patricia serves as pastoral associate at Immaculate Heart of Mary Mission in Houston, Mississippi -- a position she has held since 2008. In her early years in the congregation, she taught in Allentown and York, Penn., and in Trenton, N.J. Sister Patricia’s work in parish ministry has taken her to Springfield, Mass., Montevallo, Ala., and Winston-Salem, N.C. She also ministered in parish ministry and lay leadership in Tenares, in the Dominican Republic. Father Cyprian Rosen, OFM Cap., presided over the Eucharistic liturgy. During the liturgy the jubilarians formed a semicircle in the sanctuary and, holding lighted candles, renewed their vows as Franciscan sisters. The celebration represented a combined ministry of 1,290 years of service in education, healthcare, social services, parish ministry and retrea/spiritual ministry in dioceses throughout the United States, Ireland and the Dominican Republic.
The Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia are a congregation of approximately 500 Catholic women religious who choose a Gospel way of life lived in community. They are dedicated to serving others, especially those who are economically poor, marginal and oppressed and minister in the United States in approximately 24 states as well as Europe and Africa.
The Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia serve in a variety of ministries and settings and follow the values of the Third Order Regular Franciscans.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- Rain doesn’t stop Relay May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers top Corinth May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers dominate Commodores May 6, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago