COLUMBUS – Thomas Earl Gilder, 87, died Tuesday, July 9, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle in Columbus. He was born July 14, 1925, in Vardaman.
A Graduate of Vardaman High School, he received his degree from Mississippi State University in electrical engineering, He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II. He was a retired aerospace/electrical engineer for Rockwell International in Los Angeles. He was a member of First Baptist Church in Los Angeles.
Services will be at 3 p.m. Saturday, July 13, at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Vardaman. Bro. Jeff Gilder will officiate. Burial will be in Midway Cemetery at Vardaman.
He is survived by his wife of 67 years, Elizabeth Edmondson Gilder of Columbus; two daughters, Dr. Jamison Gilder Hoff (Dr. Nicholas Hoff Sr.) of Hollis, N.H., Lynne Gilder Hartel of Charleston, S.C.; one son, Dr. Earl Edmondson Gilder (Edie) of Medford, Ore.; four Grandchildren, Dr. Nicholas Hoff III, Alex Hoff, Thomas Gilder and Hannah Gilder; and three sisters, Sarah Edmondson of Memphis, Bessie Fleming of Jackson and Jacqueline Gilder Eastridge of Memphis.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Rufus Rivers Gilder and Wilker Inmon Gilder; a sister, Alma Edmondson; and three brothers, Rufus Gilder, Jasper Gilder and Gene Gilder.
Pallbearers will be Dr. Henry Edmondson, Thomas Gilder, Alex Hoff, Dr. Nicholas Hoff III, Frank Wicker and Bobby Wiggs. Honorary pallbearers will be Carter Edmondson, Martin Edmondson and Hannah Gilder.
Visitation will be from 1 p.m. to service time Saturday at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Midway Baptist Church, P.O. Box 72, Vardaman, MS 38878.
For online condolences, visit www.parkermemorialfuneralhomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Group digruntled by principal change April 22, 2016
- HLES names 3rd nine week honor roll April 26, 2016
- Pellet gun prompts Middle School lockdown April 26, 2016
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- FAFSA Fridays April 27, 2016
- Magazine available to community April 29, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago