COLUMBUS – Thomas Earl Gilder, 87, died Tuesday, July 9, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle in Columbus. He was born July 14, 1925, in Vardaman.
A Graduate of Vardaman High School, he received his degree from Mississippi State University in electrical engineering, He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II. He was a retired aerospace/electrical engineer for Rockwell International in Los Angeles. He was a member of First Baptist Church in Los Angeles.
Services will be at 3 p.m. Saturday, July 13, at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Vardaman. Bro. Jeff Gilder will officiate. Burial will be in Midway Cemetery at Vardaman.
He is survived by his wife of 67 years, Elizabeth Edmondson Gilder of Columbus; two daughters, Dr. Jamison Gilder Hoff (Dr. Nicholas Hoff Sr.) of Hollis, N.H., Lynne Gilder Hartel of Charleston, S.C.; one son, Dr. Earl Edmondson Gilder (Edie) of Medford, Ore.; four Grandchildren, Dr. Nicholas Hoff III, Alex Hoff, Thomas Gilder and Hannah Gilder; and three sisters, Sarah Edmondson of Memphis, Bessie Fleming of Jackson and Jacqueline Gilder Eastridge of Memphis.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Rufus Rivers Gilder and Wilker Inmon Gilder; a sister, Alma Edmondson; and three brothers, Rufus Gilder, Jasper Gilder and Gene Gilder.
Pallbearers will be Dr. Henry Edmondson, Thomas Gilder, Alex Hoff, Dr. Nicholas Hoff III, Frank Wicker and Bobby Wiggs. Honorary pallbearers will be Carter Edmondson, Martin Edmondson and Hannah Gilder.
Visitation will be from 1 p.m. to service time Saturday at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Midway Baptist Church, P.O. Box 72, Vardaman, MS 38878.
For online condolences, visit www.parkermemorialfuneralhomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Tourism Tax Facts May 19, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tourism tax and consolidation May 23, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago