WOODLAND – Evolene Robertson Eaton, 95, died Wednesday, July 3, 2013, at her residence. She was born Sept. 1, 1917, in Woodland to John W. Robertson and Jenny Hill Robertson.
She was a member of Amity Baptist Church. She enjoyed piecing quilts and quilting them. She also enjoyed working in her yard, keeping up her flowers and raking leaves. She loved her family and church family dearly.
Services will be at 1:30 p.m. Friday, July 5, at Amity Baptist Church with Bro. Scott Griffin officiating. Burial will follow in the church cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home in Houston is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by her daughter, Debbie Brady (Doug) of Woodland; 14 grandchildren, Kadee Griggs of Alabama, Pam Ladner and Guy Eaton of Tennessee, Rhonda Berry of Hazelhurst, Robbie Peden of Houlka, Angie Eaton Abrams of Woodland, Shell Robinson of West Point, Mitch and John Caples of Houston, Jessie Caples of Mooreville, D. Brady of Bruce, Joe Brady of Woodland, Pam Brady of Woodland and Drew Brady of Woodland; 37 great-grandchildren; 24 great-great-grandchildren; four sisters, Gladys Summer, Nora Balock and Dora Harris, all of Tennessee, and Thelma Weems of Oklahoma; three sisters-in-law, Jeanine Eaton of Pearl, Dorothy Eaton of Woodland and Norma Eaton of Tennessee; and a brother-in-law, Mr. and Mrs. Henry J. Eaton.
She is preceded in death by her husband of 66 years, B.L. Eaton; one son and daughter-in-law, John W. “Buddy” Eaton and Susie Doss Eaton; three daughters, Shirley Peden, Lavon and Jim Spann, and Virginia Eaton; three sisters, Lavon Renfro , Vera Criddle and Lorean Hall; and three brothers, Wilford Robertson, John W. Robertson Jr. and Leon Robertson.
Her grandsons will be pallbearers.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to service time Friday at the church.
Donations may be made to the Amity Baptist Church youth organizations.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Economic Fun April 21, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings April 25, 2016
- ICC Phi Theta Kappa inductees named. April 25, 2016
- Houston makes softball playoffs April 25, 2016
- Three diamond Dawgs on MLB rosters April 25, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago