BRUCE – Martha Nell Leachman, 83, died Monday, July 1, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home in Calhoun City. She was born Aug. 10, 1929, in Calhoun County.
She was a homemaker, and a member and piano player for Lantrip Baptist Church. She was a cake decorator.
Services will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, July 3, at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce. The Rev. Robert Earl Alexander will officiate. Burial will be in Sarepta Cemetery in Bruce.
She is survived by two sons, John Allen (Rita) Leachman and Loy Wayne (Patsy) Leachman Jr., all of Bruce; one sister, Sara Lou Suratt of Germantown, Tenn.; six grandchildren, Jay Leachman, Jennifer Plunk, Tony Pollan, Lacy Leachman, Jace Leachman and Lori Dale Leachman; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Loy Wayne Leachman; her parents, Allen Bullard and Jennie Lou Tedford Bullard; and two brothers; Nolan Bullard and Jack Bullard.
Pallbearers will be Benny Barefield, Carlton Leachman, Jay Leachman, Michael Plunk, Patrick Surratt and Tracy Turner.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home.
Online condolences may be left at www.parkermemorialfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka streamlines police accounting May 18, 2016
- Rob Marion scholarship established May 22, 2016
- Commission meets, offers concerns on consolidation May 23, 2016
- Houston wins state baseball championship May 23, 2016
- CONSOLIDATION: The Commission May 23, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago