Lancaster to dance for Houston BGC
Ruby Lee Lancaster has accepted the challenge to represent Houston in the annual Dance Like the Stars event that benefits Boys and Girls Clubs of North Mississippi.
Lancaster is currently in training and learning the routine she will perform at the gala event Aug. 24 at the BancorpSouth Arena in Tupelo. She will join 11 other dancers to be judged for best technical performance, audience favorite and most money raised to benefit BGCNMS.
Tickets to the event are $50 per person for dinner and dance and $20 per person to view the dance competition.
Donations are being accepted as part of the fundraising event. Any donations made specifically in Lancaster’s name will go directly to the Houston Boys and Girls Club. Donations not specified will benefit Boys and Girls Clubs of North Mississippi as a whole.
The annual Dance Like the Stars event was creatred in 2006 and more than 70 community members from Tupelo, Houston, Oxford, Ripley and New Albany have volunteered their time and energy to assist the BGCNMS. Volunteers partner with a professional dancer from the Dance Studio in Tupelo and solicit donations for the area clubs to assist with programs in character development, leadership, physical education and the arts.
For ticket information, call 841-6504, ext. 4 or go to www.bgcnms.org.
To make an individual donation, see Lancaster at Salon III in Houston or call 456-9571.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago