Ruby Lee Lancaster has accepted the challenge to represent Houston in the annual Dance Like the Stars event that benefits Boys and Girls Clubs of North Mississippi.
Lancaster is currently in training and learning the routine she will perform at the gala event Aug. 24 at the BancorpSouth Arena in Tupelo. She will join 11 other dancers to be judged for best technical performance, audience favorite and most money raised to benefit BGCNMS.
Tickets to the event are $50 per person for dinner and dance and $20 per person to view the dance competition.
Donations are being accepted as part of the fundraising event. Any donations made specifically in Lancaster’s name will go directly to the Houston Boys and Girls Club. Donations not specified will benefit Boys and Girls Clubs of North Mississippi as a whole.
The annual Dance Like the Stars event was creatred in 2006 and more than 70 community members from Tupelo, Houston, Oxford, Ripley and New Albany have volunteered their time and energy to assist the BGCNMS. Volunteers partner with a professional dancer from the Dance Studio in Tupelo and solicit donations for the area clubs to assist with programs in character development, leadership, physical education and the arts.
For ticket information, call 841-6504, ext. 4 or go to www.bgcnms.org.
To make an individual donation, see Lancaster at Salon III in Houston or call 456-9571.
Lancaster to dance for Houston BGC
About Floyd Ingram
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
aberdeen amory Army arrest Baptist Baseball basketball Bruce business Calhoun City Calhoun County chickasaw Chickasaw County Christmas city County Court crime education Eupora featured fire floyd football houlka Houston ICC ingram Jones Mantee Mississippi Money Moore MSU Okolona police Pontotoc Prairie school schools Smith Tupelo Vardaman west point Woodland
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 2 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 2 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 2 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 2 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 2 years ago