Ruby Lee Lancaster has accepted the challenge to represent Houston in the annual Dance Like the Stars event that benefits Boys and Girls Clubs of North Mississippi.
Lancaster is currently in training and learning the routine she will perform at the gala event Aug. 24 at the BancorpSouth Arena in Tupelo. She will join 11 other dancers to be judged for best technical performance, audience favorite and most money raised to benefit BGCNMS.
Tickets to the event are $50 per person for dinner and dance and $20 per person to view the dance competition.
Donations are being accepted as part of the fundraising event. Any donations made specifically in Lancaster’s name will go directly to the Houston Boys and Girls Club. Donations not specified will benefit Boys and Girls Clubs of North Mississippi as a whole.
The annual Dance Like the Stars event was creatred in 2006 and more than 70 community members from Tupelo, Houston, Oxford, Ripley and New Albany have volunteered their time and energy to assist the BGCNMS. Volunteers partner with a professional dancer from the Dance Studio in Tupelo and solicit donations for the area clubs to assist with programs in character development, leadership, physical education and the arts.
For ticket information, call 841-6504, ext. 4 or go to www.bgcnms.org.
To make an individual donation, see Lancaster at Salon III in Houston or call 456-9571.
Lancaster to dance for Houston BGC
About Floyd Ingram
- DAR honors Marsh with history award March 2, 2014
- EDITORIAL: School Consolidation March 6, 2014
- Claude Johnson March 6, 2014
- Lady Eagles wrap in Overall March 6, 2014
- Dale Weeks March 6, 2014
- Big Bass! March 8, 2014
- Spring forward! March 8, 2014
- WINTER JAM: Christian music festival sells out at BancorpSouth Arena March 7, 2014
- Reading is learning March 7, 2014
- All runs come to an end March 7, 2014
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...
- WEDDING: Earnest/Morgan | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] E.J. Earnest […]...
- 60th ANNIVERSARY: Rad & Betty Clark | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Ralph Coggins […]...
aberdeen amory Army Baptist Baseball basketball Bruce business Calhoun City Calhoun County chickasaw Chickasaw County Christmas city County Court crime Eupora featured fire floyd football Franklin High School houlka Houston ingram Mantee Mississippi Moore Obits Okolona Pittsboro police Pontotoc Prairie school schools scores Smith Tupelo Vardaman Voyles west point Woodland
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 9 months ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 9 months ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 9 months ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 9 months ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 9 months ago