PONTOTOC – David Carrol Harrelson, 77, died Friday, June 28, 2013, at his residence. He graduated from high school in 1953 at Calhoun City and from Mississippi State University in 1958 with a B.S. degree in Agriculture. He was a member of First Baptist Church in Pontotoc, the Pontotoc Eastern Star 42, Pontotoc Masonic Lodge 81, Scottish Rites and Hamasa Shriners. He was an Air Force veteran and a retired supervisor of Pontotoc County Farmers Home Administration. He enjoyed reading, painting and taking children to the Shriner’s Hospitals.
Services will be at 10 a.m. Monday, July 1, at First Baptist Church in Pontotoc with Dr. Ken Hester officiating. Burial will follow in the Pontotoc City Cemetery. Browning Funeral Home in Pontotoc is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Bobbie D. Harrelson of Pontotoc; four sons, James L. Harrelson (Stephine) of Saltillo, David Bradford Harrelson of Sturgis, Winfred D. Harrelson of North Branch, Mich., and Christopher L. Harrelson (Lori) of Brentwood, Tenn.; five grandchildren, Beth Harrelson Grisham (Jay), Jacqueline Harrelson, Laken Harrelson, Gabby McWhirter and Elizabeth Anne Harrelson; and one great-grandchild, Caleb Grisham.
He was preceded in death by his parents, James Bradford Harrelson and Lula Mae Pilgreen Harrelson, and his brother, James Adrian Harrelson.
Pallbearers will be: Pat Montgomery, Keith Reece, Perry Sewell, Jay Grisham, David Hall and Greg Hall. Honorary pallbearers will be the Masons of Pontotoc Lodge 81.
Visitation will be from 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday in the fellowship hall and from 9 to 10 a.m. Monday at First Baptist Church.
Condolences may be offered at www.browningpontotoc.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago