Spending summer on the court
HOUSTON – Summer is not just for swimming and camping as several youth from Houston are well aware.
They are spending their school break in the same fashion they wrapped up the school year, on the tennis court.
Several members of the Houston High School tennis team are extending their season in the Northeast Mississippi Junior tennis team summer league and have been traveling to area courts to compete.
The Houston Maroon took a team win over Booneville, 4-1, with Ezra Blissard taking a 6-2, 6-1 win over Adam Holley in boy’s singles and Brennan Byrne winning, 6-1, 6-0, over Star Rogers.
In boy’s doubles, Walt Harrington and Chase Eldridge fell to Booneville in three sets, 1-6, 7-6, 0-1, and the sister team of Abbie and Madison Mitchell blanked their opponents in girl’s doubles, 6-0, 6-0. Blissard teamed up with Brennan Byrne for a 6-4, 6-2 win in mixed doubles.
The Houston Maroon continued with a 3-2 team win over Saltillo as Lane Brandon defeated Payton Pierce, 6-3, 6-4, in boy’s singles and Harrington and Eldridge shut out their opponents, 6-0, 6-0, in boy’s doubles.
Madison Mitchell and Casey Jo Hollingsworth teamed up in girl’s doubles for a 6-0, 6-0 win. Cameron Byrne and Chapman Boyer fell 4-6, 1-6, in mixed doubles and Brennan Byrne took a loss in girl’s singles.
The team also scored a 4-1 team win over Kossuth with Eldridge winning boy’s singles, 6-0, 6-2, over Zach Shawl and Hollingsworth falling 0-6, 2-6, to Taylor Heavener.
Blissard and Eldridge got the 6-2, 6-4, win in boy’s doubles and Cameron Byrne and Hollingsworth came out ahead, 6-2, 6-0, in girl’s doubles. Cameron Byrne and Harrington teamed up for a 6-2, 6-3, win in mixed doubles.
Madison and Abby Mitchell added two more wins in girl’s doubles.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Tunsil says he took money from an Ole Miss coach April 29, 2016
- NFL DRAFT: Tunsil falls to Miami in coach pay scandal, Jones misses 1st Round April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago