OKOLONA – Nancy Hays Fondren, 86, died unexpectedly Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at her residence in Okolona. She was born Oct. 18, 1926, in Shannon to James Franklin Hays and Hattie Barnes Hays. Upon graduating from Guntown High School, she furthered her education at Wood Junior College in Mathiston. She worked as a quality inspector for Futorian Furniture Mfg., where she devoted over 40 years. An active and faithful member of the First Baptist Church of Okolona, she drove the church bus and taught in the pre-school department for 40 years. She loved nurturing children and cooking, especially making candy and cakes, and on the 50th anniversary of Futorian, she cooked a cake in the exact replica of furniture manufacturing facility. Her hobbies also included embroidery and cross-stitching and bowling in a league for Futorian Furniture. The last survivor of 11 children, she a beloved figure in Okolona and a devoted mother, grandmother and citizen.
A celebration of life service will be at 10 a.m. today, June 21, at Okolona First Baptist Church with Bro. Eric Boykin officiating. Private burial will follow in Lee Memorial Park. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to service time today at the church. Holland Funeral Directors Okolona Chapel is entrusted with arrangements.
Survivors include her only daughter, Bonnie Cox of Ft. Walton Beach, Fla.; two grandchildren, Christi Sipos (Mike) and Kevin Cox (Kara), all of Ft. Walton Beach; three great-grandchildren, Danielle Jamison of Ft. Walton Beach, Dawson Scragg of Navarre, Fla., and Jordon Cox of Pensacola, Fla.; one great-great grandson, Trey Holbrooke of Ft. Walton Beach; numerous nieces and nephews.
Her church family at First Baptist Church will serve as honorary pallbearers.
Memorials may be sent to First Baptist Church, 201 West Main Street, Okolona MS 38860.
Condolences may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Hilltoppers top Corinth May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers dominate Commodores May 6, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago