TUPELO – Jauris Wyndle Alford, 76, formerly of Derma, died Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice Unit in Tupelo. He was born March 4, 1937, in Chickasaw County to Eurbane Alford and Clara Gore Alford. He was a retired self-employed upholster and a member of New Hope Church of God in Thorn.
He is survived by one daughter, Reba (Paul) Ward of Big Creek; one son, Mike (Sonia) Alford of Tupelo; one stepdaughter, Becky Murphree; two stepsons, Bobby Chrestman and Jeffrey Tedder; a special friend, Alice Cobb; five grandchildren, four great-grandchildren and three stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Sunday, June 22, at New Hope Church of God in Thorn. Bro. Gregg Moss will officiate. Burial will be in Elzey Cemetery at Vardaman. Pryor Fuenral Home of Calhoun City is in charge of the arrangements.
Pallbearers will be Bradley Ward, Nathan Ward, Juston Robertson, Tim Neely, Jeffery Tedder, Danny Alford, Billy Alford and Jimmy Alford.
Online condolences can be left at Pryorfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona celebrates graduation May 20, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- The best we can produce May 27, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago