Hilltoppers under new management
Randle will replace Bruce Franks who retired from the public school system after 33 years, 28 of those years teaching and coaching in the Houston District.
Randle, a native of Aberdeen, began his career in education in January 2012, teaching Physical Education at Houston Middle School and assisting Franks with the boy’s basketball program. He spent his first full year in the district last year as a P.E. instructor and assisted Vernessa Gates with the girl’s team, so his feet are firmly planted on the gymnasium floor.
The Hilltoppers are coming off a positive season that ended in the second round of North Half playoffs (20-5, 5-0) which puts Randle assuming the leadership role of an established and successful program. Although he does have plans to tweak the program to fit his style, he feels the basic foundation is sound.
“I’d like to speed up a little,” Randle said. “Get up and down the floor faster. But overall it will be very similar.”
As Randle assumed the coaching position after the conclusion of the school year, he will not be able to hold tryouts until a new academic year begins. Tryouts for the high school team are scheduled for August 10, but potential team members are welcome to practice and work on their skills during the summer from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the gymnasium.
“We have open gym,” Randle said. “Anyone who is interested in playing next year can come and shoot.”
Randle earned his degree in Kinsiology from Mississippi State University. He and wife, Ilana, have two children and she works in the Aberdeen School District. The Randles live in the Egypt community of Chickasaw County.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago